Racine WI #7 - Slice of retired life

 March 18 2019


One of the benefits of retirement is spontaneity.  Retirement fits well. We traveled 3 hours to WI to visit my cousin in Kenosha and to add WI to the list of states where we have played pickleball. It appeared that a convenient location in relation to where we were staying was in Racine at the Tyler-Domer Community Center. We followed our GPS to the location and as we got closer, our apprehension increased. Certainly not in the best area of town, but we were not deterred. The staff were helpful and directed us to where we would be playing. We arrived before others and scoped out the gym where the portable nets would be set up on the basketball floor. Before long others arrived and we were enjoying some challenging games. All the players made us feel welcome and we had a great time. Harold even talked cycling with one of the other players. Despite the location, we would return here to play again if in the area.


My cousin and her husband are the owners of American Outfitters, so part of our stay included a tour of the facility. Among my pickleball photos, you will undoubtedly see me in one of my "I dink therefore I am" shirts. I had American Outfitters create these for me.


If you were to search what Racine is known for, you will undoubtedly find that they are know for Kringles, a delightful pastry.  (Sorry, no photo) My cousin Ruth made sure that we were able to taste this deliciousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanapepe HI #50 - Hawaii Five 0

Bainbridge Island WA - Pilgrimage

Raton NM #46 - Cowboy Chaos